What is Search Encrypt?
Search Encrypt is a privacy-friendly search engine. When you use Search Encrypt, our biggest goal is to protect your search privacy. We encrypt your search terms locally before being sent to our servers. Search Encrypt’s search protection makes it nearly impossible for anyone to snoop on your searches, even if they have access to your computer.
We don’t track your browsing history in any user-identifiable way and we help keep your ISP from tracking your search terms. People just like you use Search Encrypt to find websites and other information on the internet.
How Does Search Encrypt Work?
- Search Encrypt checks the URL of each website you visit. (We don’t log or store that data anywhere.)
- For your privacy, Search Encrypt intercepts the request if it’s on our list of sites that may track your searches.
- We encrypt your search terms locally using AES-256 encryption.
- Your locally encrypted search term is securely transmitted to our servers.
- We then decrypt your search term and securely request results from our search and content partners.
- Search Encrypt will then aggregate the best results for your search and send them to your browser via secure HTTPS connection.
- After you’ve finished searching, your local search history for any search we’ve protected expires and can’t be accessed.
How To Use Search Encrypt?
Using Search Encrypt is a simple and easy process. Just go to searchencrypt.com and type in your search term. You can also add Search Encrypt’s Chrome extension to further protect your searches.